RODI Unit from Pure Water

lightcs4

Loving to learn
I'm going to be ordering an RODI unit before I hit the pillow tonight. I have narrowed the choice to a couple models and would like to get any thoughts before I hit the purchase button. The three models I am primarily looking at are the following:

100 GPD double DI unit:
http://www.purewaterclub.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=72

100 GPD double DI unit with two outputs:
http://www.purewaterclub.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=178

150 GPD double DI unit
http://www.purewaterclub.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=154

I'll be using it for both the tank and the home water cooler. Also, I would really appreciate it if anyone has a link to the faucet hookup option. I would prefer to hook it up to the faucet since the disposal takes a lot of room under the sink.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts. Sorry for such notice.

Edit: I also thought about using the float for a home made top off unit.

Last edited:
Thanks Yote! I appreciate your input.

Also, don't feel like the three I listed are the only options. I've done a good bit of research and know I am past due for an RODI. However I'm not adverse to looking at other models either.

I'm over due for a ro/di system myself.Just got to find enough room to install one.The wifes got all the cabinet space taken and dont want a filter hanging on her utility room wall for some reason.
So if I get time this summer,I may have to run some plumbing and install a system right next to my tank.

I'm over due for a ro/di system myself.Just got to find enough room to install one.The wifes got all the cabinet space taken and dont want a filter hanging on her utility room wall for some reason.
So if I get time this summer,I may have to run some plumbing and install a system right next to my tank.

Wow! Now I don't feel so bad. I thought everyone had one, especially you as your corals look great. I will likely bypass the skimmer due to the budget as I can only get one or the other.

My tank is getting some algae so I want to lower the phosphates. I have been pushing off this purchase for a long while due to the cost.

By the way, am I correct in assuming I shouldn't have to put in water treatment with an RODI unit? I want to be done with it.

Yeah,you wont have to worry about the water treatments after you get the ro to running.
I've been buying distilled water from wal-mart.You should see the look on peoples faces when I'm in the check out line with 2 carts full of distilled water:D

Yeah,you wont have to worry about the water treatments after you get the ro to running.
I've been buying distilled water from wal-mart.You should see the look on peoples faces when I'm in the check out line with 2 carts full of distilled water:D

You should bring a camera. That would be one funny picture.

Personally, I like the double DI units.
I have a single DI unit from PWC and I still get 5-10 TDS readings.
My buddy bought the dual DI and reads zero.

You can convert any of the single output units to dual output units by adding THIS from PWC. If you want the carbon "taste" filter, you can buy that separate too.

I'm happy with my purchase. The instructions were definitely CHINESE, but I was able to muster through it. Make sure you INSTALL your RO filter into the case!!! I made that stupid mistake (they sent a bunch of replacement filters and the RO wasn't installed, just lumped with the replacements. I assumed it was installed and wondered why my TDS was 300ppm after installing the system!

:-) Have fun!

Thanks Messiah. I am strongly leaning toward Yote's suggestion. I really want to have the ability to attach it to the sink. Sounds like the second option will work well.

Oh man. Every time I walk up to the checkout like with ocean pure salt buckets full of ro water the person in checkout line is all "what is that?????" Haha

I'm additionally riding this thread to see if someone posts the faucet adapter, though I have been exploring hooking it up above the washing machine.

Funny, I just walked out of Walmart today with a five gallon bucket. I understand how Alexander feels. Hopefully the unit will come before I have to get another bucket of water.

how did you hook up your unit? I ordered one from pwc and the instructions are impossible. I only want to use a faucet for it and theres nothing on this unit that connects to a faucet?

you need to but a seperat peice to do that here is what you need this is from purewaterclub.com

Two-Way Switch(3/8" Tubing)#22-96
[PW-22-96]$12.00
pixel_trans.gif
TR {FONT-FAMILY: "Arial", "Helvetica", "sans-serif"; FONT-SIZE: 12px; LINE-HEIGHT: 20px}
WATER FILTERS is our professional items!
We do our best to provide the best quality every item !!

[FONT=verdana,arial]We Ship From USA directly!

Two-Way Switch(3/8" Tubing)

Free Shipping

No.PicturePartsFunctions1Two-Way Switchsimply connect Quick-Connect adapter to faucet and drinkInstallationConnect feed water diverter valve (Two-Way Switch) to the faucet
You may or may not need fitting adapter depending on the type of your faucet and existing attachment
Make 1/4" pipe fixed and then put the 1/4" pipe fixed in sink or insert it the drain pipe
22-15-P2.jpg
Open the faucet (Cold water only-hot water will cause damage to the system and will void warranty) and check if there is any leak

Turn on the diverter valve and run water through for 30 minutes
(Attention!! The water has been purified in first 30 minutes contain active carbon. So the water can not be used or drunk.)
22-15-P3.jpg
This diverter valve can be left connected to the faucet at all time

When you need to use the tap water, turn the valve to "off" position. When you need filtered water, turn the valve to "on" position
Depending on the system, purified water will exit a small side port on the diverter valve
22-15-P4.jpg
Waste water will exit the drain pipe

22-15-P5.jpg
A:connect with the first stage

B:connect with the last stage
C:faucet
D:the exist for tap water
E:the exist for purified water
F:the exit for drain water
G:connect with A
H:connect with B
Package Content1 x Two-Way Switch(3/8" Tubing)
[/FONT]Thanks for viewing our auction!
Happy Bidding !!

22-15-2.jpg

Back