Ryans Reef

They are super rare in WNY heard of like four sightings in my life. Last year my brother had 4 different ones stalking his way through the corn fields and draws on his property until the neighbor decided it was time to disc the field. Bummer for him.

Y'all probably got a lot more cats than yall think.
Most folks here think there aint any bobcats.But I call em in a lot more than I do coyotes and foxes.And coyotes are every where.Cats are just elusive as hell and hard to see when they'er stalking through the woods.

Your probably right Yote. Weve got a ton of wildlife, the DEC releases all of the states nuisance bears in the surrounding towns because they are so remote. Also it is rumored that they have release four cougars in the next county over to control the deer population. They will neither confirm nor deny though.

The TWRA tell us that there are NO cougars around here.But what other cat can bring down a black angus bull?And I dont think house cats leave tracks that are 4 to 5 inches wide.
Man I'd love to call in a cougar.

I just want to catch one on one of my three trail cams! That way I have undeniable proof, there have been several different sightings of large tan collared cats but noone has a pic yet, so the DEC still wont admit it. There are witnesses that saw them release two deny deny deny!

Sounds like y'all wildlife management are like ours.
And ours sucks bad.
They trapped 1500 wild turkeys back during the spring season,and traded them to canada for 1 bull elk.
Even though I'm happy there stocking elk,I dont think one bull is worth 1500 turkeys.

Hell no its not worth it! You can buy elk commercially! We have a big farm about 45 min from my house

Thanksgiving aint got nothing to do with it.
They completly screwed the best turkey hunting in tennessee when they trapped those birds.Right in the middle of hunting season and right before the hens started nesting.

Nice tank! 600 buck is a great deal for a tank that big plus those reflectors sell used for about 90 to 100 bucks each, so great deal!

Wow I have never heard of that skimmer. That thing is HUGE! Looks to work great also.

Floor sanded out nicely, can't wait for some more updated pics.

:claphandsWOO HOO the floor is done!:claphands

Here is a pic of it after the first coat of Poly
004-1.jpg

Had to sand with 220 grit inbetween coats. He it is still wet/tacky but itll give you all a great idea of what it will look like when its dry.

006.jpg

So in three days time it will be ready to have furniture(READ TANK/STAND) put back on it. It needs 8 hours min to dry and have light traffic so Im off to get MY 2 250watt ballasts and harnesses. Yes!

Im waiting for the mailman to deliver the wallpaper still, supposed to be in today...we'll see.

Damnit! No wall paper today but I did get another order. Thanks to glass-holes.com I got my glass drilling kit and 2" bulkhead.

007.jpg

Ok Biff now comes the smart-assed comments about the countertop! We know its the next project on the every growing list.

Good Ill mail it to you! I have always hated it, this house hasnt had a major overhaul since I would say the mid-sixties. My parents did a lot of cosmetic work in the main living areas some good some not so good(green wallpaper) Janell and I are looking at some serious renovation in the future. Probably after she gets her degree and is a full time RN.

That floor looks great.Just aint nothing quiet like walking across a hardwood floor bare footed on a cold winter morning.

Antsy!...antsy isnt the word Reef. Hopefully only one more installment of This Old House then we'll get the Ryans Reef Proper! Sorry for all of the filler just trying to keep the thread active.

I did pick up some magnetic DIY retros today that Im really not that impressed with. I drove about two hours each way so I really couldnt come home empty handed. They will work for now but will be getting replace before long. On an upnote the gent did give me a really nice heavy duty 30amp four way timer.

Back