saltwater clams

I wouldnt get either of those, the clams dont seem to do well in our tanks and i dont really know how good of a cleaner they actually are. Plus that is WAY more than you need.

A much better place to get your CUC is reefcleaners.org. You also get a discount for being a member here.

Well, im not 100% sure those are nass snails, they could be whelk snails which will actually hunt and kill other snails - not guys you want around. Plus it says nothing about where those snails were collect from, so they could be a cold water species destined for death in our warm tanks.

And i guess 2 snails per gal might be a good figure, but not 2 of the same type. Plus those guys look like they only eat detritus and not algae which is what you want snails to primarily eat. You do want a few detritus eaters, especially because they stir the sand, but that is an extreme number.

All the reviews on the seller were good and everyone seemed happy with the products it seemed like it might be a good idea. But my rule of thumb is before I make any changes or add anything to my tank I log on to LR and ask first

Agree 100%. I just received my first order from reefcleaners a week ago and I went with half of their recommendation. One reason was to see how well they do and make sure that too many might then starve if they were too efficient. If they can't keep up I plan to order other half in a few months. Secondly even though one of the turbo's didn't make it I can't complain because they sent so many more extra's that it more than made up for it!

Back