Sebae

arriel69

Reefing newb
Hello guys! I got sebae last saturday from LFS, been doing just fine. I can't make it stay in one place, been going around. I know this is norm for this NEM. Anyway, yesterday after church, I found some white stuff in our carpet, right infront of the tank. I was wonder if this stuff came from the NEM (bleching), I did not read the forum before acquiring NEM. With my tank being set up for 3months, this animal might not survive. Again, it seems is doing fine in my tank. What will be the indication that he is dyiing? I have 2 MH (150wt ea) with 2PC. I have 1 MP40 and 2 420GPH korilla,so I'm sure I have more than enough lights and flow.

A wandering nem is a bad sign, its not normal and not healthy. I would return that nem asap before it dies and crashes your tank. Seabees are very challanging to keep for nems and i think you are not ready for this creature. Save a life, research first!

+1 LF there is no point killing him. Nems are steady when they find a spot they like. He is searching for somewhere to enjoy his life but can't find it.

generally we say tanks need to be a year old to get stable unless you are a very good and responsible reefer. I myself I have lost nems to powerheads on the first night in an established tank. They are finicky

Your lighting is not very strong for a tank that size. Anemones will usually wander at first, but will eventually find a place they like and settle down. If it has wandered around for several days, it is a sign that it does not like the environment it has been placed in.

Back