See anything else that's bothering my Zoos in this picture?

Zissou

What about my dynamite?
I picked up these beautiful pink zoas from Liveaquaria, and within' a week of putting them in my tank, I lost nearly 75% of the pink colony. The few that are left are holding on, but they don't want to fully open. The green colony on the right seems happy, and I've lost none of them.

The flash picked up an aiptasia in the middle that I couldn't see before. He's obviously a problem, but do you guys see anything else that might bother these zoas to stay closed? The aiptasia is getting some joe's juice tomorrow, will this effect the zoa next to it?

In the middle of the 'main' pink colony, I can see what looks like a translucent sponge, could this be bothering the zoanthid too? And what's the things on the left, baby mushrooms? These zoos are smaller than a pencil eraser right now, really tiny.

All the other zoas in my tank are doing fine. See anything I missed here, any thoughts? I have some CoralRX coming in the mail. I'm really surprised by the aiptasia and algae on the diver's den piece. It's my first purchase from them.

zoas.jpg

Of course, I've also thought of scraping off the pink zoas and attaching them to a frag plug, and them off the rock. Think that would kill them?

Now that I look closer I can see four or five aiptasia in there. >_<

I dont see anything in your pic.But that dont mean theres not something eating then.
You might spend some time with a flashlight and look for a Eunice worms and such at night.

I blew up the picture and was able to see an aiptasia anemone directly under the far right arrow. That is definitely what's bothering that zoanthid right next to it. There are probably more that you're not seeing which are bothering the other zoanthids and mushrooms.

You'll want to nuke them asap and any others you see with aiptasia-x or joes juice.

I was afraid if I dip the corals in freshwater and return it to the display, I may stress the aiptasia into releasing all their hellspawn. So I'm setting up a 15 gallon QT today, going to slowly turn it into a small frag tank. In the meantime it's going to be the place I put this zoanthid colony after each dipping. They're going to be in there awhile so I can remove all the aiptasia and algae off the rock over the next few days.

Yote, I checked the tank last night over the period of a few hours and didn't see anything in there munching on them. I see a few tiny aiptasia and those mushroom things, but nothing else. Can't see any nudis or bugs (aside from pods) either.

I'm surprised those came from the Diver's Den too. Aren't they supposed to be guaranteed pest free or something? I thought that was what was partially responsible for the premium price vs. the corals in their regular section.

Back