Self-contained Algae Scrubber for AIO Tank

Well, it's almost finished at this point! I spent the weekend leak testing the baffles ( I had to fix the silicone 3 times before it was leak proof. I also mounted, glued, and siliconed the lights in and wired them together.

lights.jpg

lightsb1.jpg

lightsb2.jpg

light.jpg

I also painted the whole thing and tried lighting it up but the paint doesn't seem to be sticking, I'll need to figure that out. The pump should be arriving via UPS tomorrow so I'm hoping to have this up and running by Friday.

One of the spray paint companies makes paint just for plastic... I think it's Krylon.
Thanks Erin, I'll have to check because I thought thats what I was using.

I would tape up those terminals on the light sockets!!!!! That is just an accident waiting to happen.
I actually went silicone crazy and just encased the entire light socket in silicone to hopefully avoid any accidents.

I would tape up those terminals on the light sockets!!!!! That is just an accident waiting to happen.

What about the inside of the socket, where the bulb screws in? Wont you get moisture and salt creep up in there?

I just don't understand you guys and these algae scrubbers.

Nope, shouldn't have to worry about moisture or salt creep, I've silicones the bulb in place and the whole socket as well.

Nope, only used 1.5 of the smaller tubes (It's a small container lol). Yea, I'll have to cut them out when the time comes.

Back