September 17th

bkv1997

Reef enthusiast
Hello everyone.

The meeting has been changed to 5 pm from 7pm to avoid conflicting with the TN football game. Even thought TN is :pooh: .....
The September meeting will be held on September 17th at 5 p.m.

Chris has agreed to let us use his place again. Thanks Chris.

If anyone doesn't know where that is, it is:
6245 Vance Rd. Suite C Chattanooga TN (this is by Sams club off of 153 and lee highway)
or for a map.
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...D.+Suite+C&city=Chattanooga&state=TN&zipcode=

Also please be thinking and let me know if you are willing to host any of the other upcoming meetings and what topics would interest you.

October 15th
November 19th
December 17th
Thanks

Brandon

Last edited:
When we were looking into a piece of coral to frag for the workshop, a vendor was willing to order a large piece for us at wholesale. He's up near Bristol though. If you can get a piece wholesale, let me know, and I'll get the funds to you.

I think the hardest part is finding someone who'll come in and do the demo. I'll get on the phone again this week, and call everyone I know in the business.

I'm sorry I can't be there on the 17th, as it's my anniversary.

Angela

Angela:

Honestly i have no problem fragging the coral as long as the coral we choose is something that can safely be fragged into X pieces.

Example I wouldn't try fragging torch or frogspawn with two heads into 4 frags. Busting a head can be done, but I wouldn't recommend it under the setup we will be presented with... The stress of that type fragging, plus the new water when it got to its new enviornment would be a bit to risky for the health of the coral.

I also know David has done fragging before as well.

We should probably try and figure out what type of coral most people are interested and how many people are willing to contribute say 5-10 dollars to take a piece home? Might be less if alot are interested or we might have to chip in $10, but the piece you take home would be much bigger if only a few are interested....

Keep us posted as to any developments. Sorry you can't make it hope to see you next time.

Brandon

If this is to help people learn how to frag etc i would recommend one of the below because they are some of the easiest.

Soft:
leather with branches. (not a toadstool)
zoos

Filter:
Gorgonia are easy.

LPS:
frogspawn
torch
candy

SPS: (don't think many members have the tank for it)
most these are easy to frag.

Just an idea when you looking for a coral to frag.

Brandon

If we get something big enough to frag, it will be expensive. I'll call around and see what I can find.

I just got "permission" to attend on the 17th for "awhile". So, if we start at 7:00, I can probably stay until 9:00. :bounce:

Angela

I can do the frag demo if need be....

I was hoping we could change the time to 5pm. I think Brandon was asking Chris if this would be ok since were using his place...If this is the case you can stay for the whole thing Angela! :^:

Anyway, I am checking around on the coral as well.....

I personally am all for not having the meetings on Saturday, but thats what we agreed to at the last meeting and it has already been posted and talked about on the chat line.

We can change it if you guys want, but I would say we just have it then and then discuss changing it for next month.

Brandon

5pm is fine for me this time. I say we move the meetings to a weekday like every 1st tuesday of the month at 7pm or something of this nature. Weekends are tough for me with boating, football and general work around the house.

I agree we need to decide when the meetings are and have it always be then.

i was shooting for the third saturday at 7, but anything consistant would work.

I will try and make any time we have. I was the one wanting to change to 5pm due to "work related responsibilities", but it's very rare for a Sat. I apologize if this makes it tough, but it would give you guys time enough to get out to see the Vols loose...... :pooh:

Anyway, if we cant change it to 5, I will miss you all and see you next month. Whatever you want to do is fine with me. Thanks. :sfish:

Someone just make the decision.

5 or 7 I have seen numerous requests due to the game etc.

So i don't think anyone would be upset with a 5 o'clock meeting.

Let us know David, Angela, Chris.

Thanks
Brandon

Sorry I didn't get back to you, but I get busy at work and can't get back here in the afternoons.

So, Saturday the 17th at 5:00. Kewl!

I know it's difficult to find just the right day/time for everyone. I work weekdays from noon-8:00 pm, and nobody would want to start a meeting at 9:00 pm.

Angela

Dang minireefer I wish you could make it. Maybe you can move to Chattanooga, then you can use words like I did to begin this sentence...Dang.. :bounce:

PS. Man I love that banana!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I know what you mean I grew up in Missouri.Ozarks!.Sometimes when get talken fast I sound like bomhower from king of the hill.

Back