September additions

lightcs4

Loving to learn
I went to my first local reefing club meeting yesterday. I won two types of caps in a raffle :bounce:, a green one and a purple rim monti or something like that. I also arranged to purchase a branching frogspawn and branching hammer. Thought I would share the new tank additions. The frogspawn and hammers are really doing well. I'm still researching the caps to ensure I care for them correctly (obviously an unplanned addition but pretty cool to try).

cap_green2.jpg

caps3.jpg

hammer2.jpg

hammer1.jpg

frogspawn5.jpg

Last edited:
Those are some nice looking montis.
Just give em good water,decent light,and a lot of flow.
That hammer and frogspawns nice too.

Thanks guys. These four double the number of coral in my tank. By the way, would it be too much flow if I put them in front of the Koralia power heads (the #2 or #3)?

Thanks Biff and RC.

I know it sounds like a simple question, but how do you tell if a monti doesn't like where it is located? One is bright green, the other is a darker green / gray. They seem so thin that can't tell if they have any polyps to extend like the stylo. Since I wasn't planning on getting them I wasn't prepared for how to care for them.

Thanks Daugherty and Alto. I think the frogspawn are now my favorite in the tank. It's amazing how extended they get when the MH lights are on.

Back