Sharkies Reef

Sharkie

The Damsel Defender
So I thought I would post some photos of my reef tank that I started building a bit ago, as most of you know my bout with fish as a newbie was not the greatest so I have cut down and started with the corals :) Here are some pictures of my corals that I currently have

Picture11.png

Picture7.png

Picture10.png

Picture8.png

Picture9.png

They look very nice and the featherduster is beautiful!

But you can see how that grape caulerpa is taking over. That's why it's usually undesireable to have in the main tank -- macroalgae will take over, and smother out the rest of your corals. You should remove as much as possible by hand, or else I'm afraid your corals will just disappear

That looks like a majano anemone in the first picture too... Pest anemone. It should be killed. I have millions of them in my tank because I made the mistake of ignoring it when I found the first one. They killed a bunch of corals and now they're totally out of control.

Last edited:
I am so excited for you! Keep posting the pics. Biff's right, get that Caulerpa under control before it gets that feather duster.

Very nice pics, Sharkie. A Tang would eat that caulerpa up, but I think thats out of the Q since you have a 20g. It sucks to throw away good macro, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I just tossed a huge bush of chaeto b/c nobody wanted it.

yea the culurpa was sold to me along with the majanos as "button polyps" :( it will be going back to the store monday!

you got yourself some genuine saltwater knock offs there Harpy. Hope you didn't pay too much. They'll never color up like sharks

I just took these this morning and look what i found!!!

Picture13.png

can these be?? blue daisies??? or am i mistaken? I have no clue how they got there, but i know i've never had any!

Picture12.png

not sure what these are? they were in my moms lil nano she broken down so i stuck them into my tank...

Picture11-1.png

a full tank shot, you can see blue the damsel, and Sarge (who should be called Dizzy) swimming among the corals :)

Picture14.png

and Sarge again :) hes a huuuge fishie!

Back