Sharkies Reef

haha, i have a planted freshwater tank with all sorts of guppies and kooley loaches, i LOVE those things :) and my man has a 30g tank filled with all sorts of fish and plants, we modeled it after one we had at the aquarium in the otter section :)

You got a great looking tank Sharkie.

At one time,I actually thought about setting up a lagoon tank with seagrasses and stuff,along with some corals thats common to lagoons.But just dont quiet have the room for it.

I am so glad Kona is happy!

I love your tank! It is beautiful!

I just read this whole thread and I cannot believe what happened to you! That is insane! I hope the parents get a handle on the child or I can see a Maury Bootcamp episode in the future!

yes!! in fact, we videoed him chowing down last night! :D tues night was the first offical night he ate 5 silversides!!! so i've been bad and have tried to overfeed him... it seems to be working :D

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rnJlc-puWs[/ame]

and you guys can see his FULL size now :D hes a MONSTER! lol i feel bad having him in this tiny tank when i see him come out all the way, but he only comes out like this for feeding, even in the big one he was a one spot dude...

tonight i'm gonna go get him some crab legs, they are a new treat i intend to give him once every few months to keep him surprised with it :)

Great video sharkie, kona is a big bugger isnt he. I think with the tiny lil guys you have in your tank mine would be ok with a snow flake too. Now get with the program and find a one eyed avatar

thanks! I am super happy hes doing better too!!

and i went tank shopping today!!! :D :D :D

i'm debating what i wanna do tho... i found a guy who needs to get rid of his 125g fast, it comes with a stand and the tank and light, but no lid or anything inside... just a fw filter (poop). he wants $125 for it, maybe less....

only down side is i JUST finally got enough money to get me a car with the money that my cousin had to payup... so its either car, which is really really needed, or tank, with nada in it and a fortune to set up something HUGE.

i really dunno what to do, i'd LOVE to go that big, but idk that i need to. I found a nice 60g for $150 with stand and tank and a lid and some lame lights that i might get if htey will go lower on it.... and then i will be getting kaluha, until then I think its best if i dont get another eel because i feel bad enough having kona in that lil space.

Joker, before scooter died he was the tiny guy at 1 inch and slept right next to kona, i think one would be fine in your tank :)

and i just got another mushroom rock from a different dude, it doesn't look all that hot right now but we'll give it some time...

annnnnnd we just cleaned up my sisters 10g nano, found a 7 or 8 inch bristleworm!! EWWW!!! nasty buggar, so i video'd him and will post those later, i'm scared to think where all her lil fish have gone... i think we found the baddie

Kona looks like a happy guy! I am so glad he is doing well! I REALLY want an eel now! I didn't realize how cool they really are. Hmmmmmmm something to think about......

Leslee, i never wanted an eel until i saw a SUPER tiny one at petco, i called up a friend who said he'd take it if i decided i didn't like it. bought him and fell in love :) sadly Burton (the first eel) jumped and i didnt know, found him a week later under the tank.... but then I got Kona and have just taken a HUGE interest into them :) they are really similar to sharks in their body setup/habits which is strange, but really cool :)

WOOT WOOT!!! I JUST GOT THE BEST HITCHHIKER EVERRRR!!!!

Today I went to our LFS to pick up some mysis for the gang and while i was looking at the fish with my man we heard this rediculous SCREAAAAM come from this lady about how her rock had bit her and how it was from the devil! funniest thing ever...

so we went out (theres like a room divider between the fish and birds there) and there was this black lady with a tub on a dolly with a HUUUUGE rock in it. she went on to explain how her husband got this "devil rock" in the mail and how she had to put them in the tank because he was at work and while she was trying to move this rock around to look at it, the rock bit her. lol. she then said "Oh its one of those nasty red worms! I saw it! and it looked at me and had TEETH!" the gal at the counter then looked at me (shes a new hire, has no clue what shes doing when it comes to the fish department, shes really good with birds tho) and asked if i knew what it was. I asked for some gloves and then moved the rock over and there was a TINY lil dude in it! I wish i could post pictures from my phone... anyways it was an eel!!!! I was like "Um.... where did he get this rock? it has an eel in it" and then the lady started raising hell all "ON HELL NO! THAT IS FROM THE DEVIL GET THAT SNAKE OUTTA MY ROCK NOW!! GET IT OUT! OH LORDY GET IT OUT! I WAS BIT BY A WATER SNAKE!"

i was trying so hard not to laugh, brent ended up going outside and texting me all "OMG shes over-reacting but its funny"

anyways we got him out and turns out he was a cute little baby zebra eel!! :D hes about 4 inches long or so and UBER small, maybe the width of a #2 pencil, if not smaller. She saw it and sarted screaming telling me to make sure there were no more, turns out we also pulled out a snowie! crazy rock hikers.... she then made us look through all the rock and we got out a mantis, quite a lotta pistols shrimp, the 2 eels, and some fuugly crabs and bristle worms.... she was happy when that was all done and said i could have all the stuff i wanted. the girl at the register said that they would take the eels and i told her i'm the one who got the stuff out so shouldn't i get compensated a bit... lol she didnt like it but I took the zebra because the manager had came in about the time of the who gets what convo... he was like "what zebra eel? theres not one in my store ;) " and lemme have him :D

soooo here are some pics of my new baby Kaluha!

Attachments

• Picture 3.jpg
    Picture 3.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 192
  • Picture 4.jpg
    Picture 4.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 234
  • Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 252
Back