shelving corals

hollywood11892

Reefing newb
so im lookin around to see what kind of coral i should add next to my tank, i like clams but the blue ones are a bit pricey so i guess its a coral instead, but any way i digress im looking for something that shelves off from the rock, i have a 250 watt metal halide and pretty decent flow lps or sps doesnt matter i have a few of both. thanks!

Do you know what your water params are? That should help everyone give you a better idea of what coral would work in your tank. :)

so im lookin around to see what kind of coral i should add next to my tank, i like clams but the blue ones are a bit pricey so i guess its a coral instead, but any way i digress im looking for something that shelves off from the rock, i have a 250 watt metal halide and pretty decent flow lps or sps doesnt matter i have a few of both. thanks!

Montis "shelve off" from the rocks. Red is a pretty common color and they're one of the easiest SPS to take care of.

Shelving or playing? Any monti cap will do that. Also you could look into Sunset Monti, Superman Monti, and those sorts. The later will plate out taking more the form of the rock or whatever they are on.

my nitrates are low, and zero phosphates, and im looking for something that comes off the rock like a shelf straight out, i have a superman already.

One of the biggest myths in this hobby is that a coral can't get too much light. That 250 watt MH may burn an LPS. I Put your high light corals down on the sand.

all the lps have been in the system for about a month and have been great its about a foot off the tank give or take 2 in but everything seems to love it,

Back