Shrinking Anenome?!?!?!?!

Coudnt you just consider upgrading the bulbs??

You can't upgrade bulbs... You are stuck with whatever type of bulb your fixture is made for. You can change the color of the bulbs you are using, but that's it. If you want to run a stronger or different type of bulb, you have to buy a new lighting system, unfortunately. :(

Right what a crock.

I know these systems are insanely over priced.

I get it that they are convenient and whatever but man they would be better priced at like 40% less.

Right what a crock.

I know these systems are insanely over priced.

I get it that they are convenient and whatever but man they would be better priced at like 40% less.

Yep, for sure. Lights are crazy expensive. That's why it's better to get a good set of lights the first time around instead of having to upgrade down the road. That goes for lots of equipment in this hobby.

Well I got my 80Gal Bow and the stand and the $400 set of lights for $450 so I can't complain too much.

I will probably sell my Aquaticlife 4x54T5's for like $200 if I get new ones or maybe I can keep them. Not sure.

Ok so I get home and the Purple Anenome is back to full size but the white one in now deflated.

I had defrosted a shrimp and decided after reading to see if they would eat. Why not?

The purple dude took that shrimp that was the size of a grape pretty much and it was gone in maybe 10 minutes or less.

The white one who reinflated in no time seemed to want it at first then let it drop. I had to take 4 shiskabob sticks and connect them with epoxy to stab it and remove it. It was hard to place it close because it is in the back behind rocks like 14 inches down so .

FInally I get it closer and it takes it. I come back and don't see it or it anywhere. I would be shocked it ate that fast. Not that I know for sure.

I tried feeding the other a bit more but it takes it and let it go. It ended up on the bottom of the tank and before I could get it my brittle star took it and ran.

My nitrates are way high like almost 50PPM and my Nitrites were up there as well so I am doing a water change tonight. 20 gallons out of 80.

The ammonia is still between .25 and .5 so I am glad I tested all of the tests.

... the anemone will.. if she didnt get enough food ... shrink and split...i would force her in a nice place and start to feed her....

Back