Shrooms and Lions

margaritaville

Reefing newb
Ok so I found a mushroom on a tiny (about 2" ) piece of liverock from a friend and put it in my tank. I have heard mushrooms need only minimal light. I ve read 1-2 watts per gallon, or even less. It is in a 75 gal with the standard cheapo florescent 48" light, 40 watts maybe. I was going to put my 110 on but figured less light would help with algae control. Also I have a Lion in the tank and have read that there eyes are light sensitive and brighter light can permenantly hurt them. Wondering if any one has any info that would give me a happy medium. Thanks
Eric

PS i would just like to say that a new member to the club, Sailfin_Woody was in a bad accident last Tuesday and was medflighted to UW Madison, With brain swealing and injuries he had a lot of family and friends worried. Very happy to say that this week he finally opened his eyes and is able to move fingers and toes. Hopefully he will have access to a computer when he gets out of the ICU to check up on the site.:sfish:

The lion will be just fine with the light needed for the shrooms. just make sure if you increase the light do so gradually. to give the lion a chance to adjust.

Back