six line missing

Fireplug

Reefing newb
Me and my mom bought six line wrasses for our tanks. I seen mine the first day and it ate. Have not seen it sense. Hers went straight behind the rocks and has not seen it since. They were bought at the same store and same day, last thur. is this normal for them or are they dead.

How long ago did you buy them?

Usually i give fish about two weeks before i stop looking but for such an active fish that is very unusual.

How long did you acclimate them for, and how did you acclimate them? Also were they really tiny? I think sometime the younger ones have a harding time adjusting and dont always make it.

I've had fish missing for 3-4 weeks before they would reappear out of nowhere. I've even tore my rocks out trying to find one fish, and couldn't find them...but they showed up anyway after 3 weeks.

I hope you find your li'l guy.

It's normal for them to hide for a few days. But like Hannah said -- what was your acclimation process? Acclimating them properly will greatly increase a fish's chance of survival in a new tank.

I'm not an expert but I read on a few different sites that when first introduced they will hide or bury themselves in the gravel for days, maybe even weeks until they feel comfortable coming out. Luckily mine came out right away when I got it but every night he goes to his little hiding spot to sleep until morning, then he's swimming around again. I wouldn't worry too much. He's prlly just scared to come out still. It can be a pretty stressful life for a fish. From the ocean to the store to your tank! :)

Both of our fish are fairly small. I drip acclimated mine for a little over an hour. He was swimming around and seemed happy as could be the whole process. I carefully netted him and placed him in the tank. I've never seen a fish run for cover as fast as this one did. I have 2 clowns, 2 chromis and 1 pj cardinal. I also bought a feather duster at the same time as the 6 line and the feather duster is doing great. I'm hoping my 6 line is just behind my live rock chowing down and will come out to meet me soon! Just never had a fish hide this long.

Back