Skimmer/sump

Aquaman

Reefing newb
Hello everyone, I am currently running an eheim 2236 and a hang on the back skimmer on my 72 gal bowfront tank. I have a sailfin tang, 2 damsels, a clown, a lawnmower blenny, and a lionfish. There are also a bunch of soft corals in the tank and 3 feather dusters. As for the corals there is a branch of hammerhead corals with 8 heads on it, 4 leather trees, and a bunch of mushroom polyps and a HUGE leather toadstool. My water paramaters all check out. My problems is keeping the water clarity near to perfect. I have a bunch of crap floating around. Little particles that make it cloudy. I found a CPR CY#194 skimmer/sump for sale in a nearby town for $100. Is this a good filtration system to go with for what I have?? Its a really good deal and the guy is throwing in a free return pump. Let me know what you think I should or shouldn't do. Thanks guys!!!!:bounce:

Definitely upgrade to a sump if you can afford it. That price sounds great.

As for particles in the water, you should buy a cheapo HOB filter to run carbon in. You can run carbon for a couple days a month (or as necessary), and this will help. I wouldn't recommend running it 24/7; just periodically when you need it.

Back