Skunk Shrimp or Fire Shrimp?

Altohombre

The Tennis Pro Reefer
Both are supposedly cleaner shrimp so that is good. Although, most say the Fire Shrimp is cooler looking because of the bright red color, I hear that they hide most of the time and only come out to eat or the occasional cleaning session. I haven't seen the same thing written about Skunk Shrimp, but I may be wrong. I think both are pretty cool looking and want a shrimp that shows some personality and will be active cleaning when it is in need. What is your opinion on this. I was thinking of getting maybe 2 shrimp, but not sure what the Fire Shrimp's compatibility with other shrimp is. Biff told me that the skunk would get along with Peppermint Shrimp too. Sorry for all the questions. Let the debate begin.

You could have 1 of each, I've seen it done with out any issues. Unless anyone else has any info that thinks you shouldnt keep the two together, but my friends dad has 2 skunk cleaners and a fire shrimp in his tank. Fire shrimp look cooler IMO, also are more expensive. The skunk has a cool personality though, mine hops on your hand when your working in the tank trying to clean everything.

Yeah my skunk jumps on my hand EVERYTIME when I clean too. He goes from finger to finger cleaning out from under my finger nails. Very smart.

I once had a fire shrimp because I loved the color, but he never came out only to eat. You will like the skunks because they have a lot of personality.

I think you should get one of each. The fire shrimp is simply awesome. Looks cool and does a great job setting up a cleaning station. I dont think you will have a problem if you get both.

Fire shrimps do hide a lot but they are also very curious and will come out plenty. At least mine do...

Dude Alto, its time to get some pics already.

90% of the shrimp are nocturnal.Shoot,I got 3 cleaner shrimp and 7 pepperments and they never come out when the lights are on.They wont even come out to eat if the lights are on.

they do just fine together. I have both in my 90 gallon. they do come out to clean and to feed. get both if you can. multiple are better IMHO. say, 2 fire and three skunk.

-Doc

2 fire and 3 skunk in a 46 gallon tank? I was thinking that any more than 3 would be overkill. The Doc knows what he is talking about though.

Get both if you like.My fire shrimp cleans the anthias and the skunk cleans the tangs.Both are peaceful with each other.The Fire does hang under a cliff until feeding time so its not as readily seen.

Back