Smitty's Reef

I didn't know this thing got that big... :) its doing very well, I have it on the sand with low flow and medium light. I'm excited about getting some clowns now, just to see them interact with it. I can't thank you enough for it...thank you! I'll post pics tomorrow when the lights come back on.

Today, I had to raise my halide up a little from the water level, because of my water temp being around 87*. I also took the glass lid off to cool the tank down. I hope this doesn't become an issue all summer long. I guess I also have to start using the fan on the light fixture to keep the heat down. What made me check is because all my corals started closing up, which was unusual.

Here's a pic of the new fuzzy mushroom that AdeptMrSniffles gave me...
SU1HMDAxNTEtMjAxMDA0MDMtMDk1Ny5qcGc.jpg

That's a nice shroom and very nice and adept to pass it along to you. How are your corals doing since the temp scare? I see that you have a class lid on your tank. Do you think that might have anything to do with the water holding in the heat?

I got the temp back down to 82*, and the corals are looking much better. The lid may have contributed, but I also didn't have the fan on, and the light was kinda close to the glass, so hopefully that was the issue.

I think we've all had temp spikes at one time or another. It's nerve-wracking! Good to hear you got it under control. The glass top may have to go...

Yeah, all my tank inhabitants go crazy for cyclos....it's like a drug. Nice firefish!! Were they in the same tank? I hope they get along. Mine hated each other.

Yeah, all my tank inhabitants go crazy for cyclos....it's like a drug. Nice firefish!! Were they in the same tank? I hope they get along. Mine hated each other.
Yep, they all came from the same tank, I figured I'd try 3, since we all know that two will fight. I hope they all get along. I just fed them the cyclopeeze, and they all ate with no problem.

Back