Smitty's Reef

I picked this lil fella up a few days ago, under the assumption that he was a sea lettuce nudibranch (which he doesn't seem to be), in hopes he would eat the bryopsis in my tank. But he hasn't eaten anything, that I've noticed, so I placed him in my fuge, hopefully he'll eat some is the various micro algaes I have in there. Can anyone help me identify him, there are literally hundreds of nudibranchs.
2012-03-06161458.jpg

I had a small bryopsis start on me awhile back and I did 2 things found a snail that ate it ( margarita snails) ate it for me and raised the mag.. I know that margaritas arent a snail that is supposed to last in our tanks ,But, mine have thrived and are a great cleaner they seem to eat just about anything in front of them..

Yeah, I have two if them in my tank Marcah, and I see them nibble on it here and there. My last option is to raise the mag, because doing that blackout really hurt my sps's...a few of them still hasn't bounced back.

Sorry smitty, I thought you had already tried raising the mag. That usually works, although it can take a while.
Another option is to turn the whole tank into Margaritaville for a few weeks by overloading with snails and then giving away or selling the snails that you really don't need to other reefers in your area.
Hope you can get on the other side of this. Major tank outbreaks suck!!!

Back