Snowflake eel with the other dudes?

SYNY5TER

Reefing newb
i have a 2 tanks. one is a peaceful colorful tank and other tank is an aggressive tank just for the eel.

i was thinking im kinda tired of leaving the eel in a seperate tank i was thinking i could add him in the peaceful tank?? i have 3 large chromis, 1 firefish, 1 maroon clown and a diamond goby. imma be adding more fish in the future. do u guys think its ok to add the eel?

also i feed my eel goldfish. if that helps the info i have.

thanks

What size tank is it? i wouldnt the eel will most likly eat the other inhabitents and goldfish arent very nutritious try silversides or krill

I would stay away from keeping an aggressive eel with peaceful types. Even if they are larger there is always that risk. And +1 valasaraptor, stay away from goldfish and rosy reds if you can get it to eat silverslides that's awesome, or you can gut pack with vitamins.

If you have been feeding your eel live foods its a sure bet that he will eat the other fish in the tank. Plus feeding a freshwater food source to a marine animal isnt very healthy. I would work on getting him to eat silversides asap.

Keep that Eel right where it is or you'll prolly regret it. Goldfish can be disease carriers. I've also read that they can cause liver problems for marine animals.....Lionfish,Eels,etc. Oh & 1+ All!!

Last edited:
argggg the one thing I don't like about fish places.... NEVER feed anything live food! Especially freshwater fish to a saltwater. Your eel isn't going to be able to ever go into a tank with other fish because he's now learned that everything living is food. Freshwater fish also cause different diseases and health problems in saltwater fish.. plus it isn't nice to feed live things to other live things :(

Back