Some strange slugs?

poeq

Reefing newb
These suckers appeared on my tank about two or three weeks ago. I actually thought they were some type of coraline algae until they started moving around and stuff.

http://i.imgur.com/bKZD8.jpg

I'm assuming that they're some breed of slugs that came in with the live rock, but what I want to know is what type of slug are they, and if they could potentially damage any of my corals or other livestock.

Other than that, I'm indifferent.

Last edited:
Nope. Flatworm Exit is the way to go. They release toxins into the water when they die, though, so be prepared to do a sizeable water change after you dose. Try and siphon out as many as you can right after you add the Exit, they'll jump off the rocks and glass... that's a good time to grab them.

Nope. Flatworm Exit is the way to go. They release toxins into the water when they die, though, so be prepared to do a sizeable water change after you dose. Try and siphon out as many as you can right after you add the Exit, they'll jump off the rocks and glass... that's a good time to grab them.
+1. Good luck, I've been killing them off in my 24gal for years. I think that I got them all and they slowly come back.

+2

Make sure you siphon as many as you can. Then dose, do a water change, run some carbon. And see if you have anymore.

I have had those and had luck with my six line eating them. I just did not feed him for a couple days, he started going after the stomatellas then cleaned up the flat worms. Worked for me, as sometimes it is a hit and miss.

Back