SPS growth

Now that I have a couple of SPS that I like,I'll get involved with this thread again:D

Green Mille 4-29-09
Millegrowth.jpg

Pocillopora 4-29-09
PocGrowth.jpg

ccCapt, have you fragged that millepora yet? It's looks great!
Thanks.
I didn't frag the green millie on purpose, but I did accidentally (as usual) knock off about a 2" piece. I have to learn to keep my hands out of the tank and let the corals grow. ;) Seems like all the frags I end up with are the accidental type.

These are, I guess, what's considered "high end" SPS corals. Big $ with a fancy name. Maybe they are worth the hype.

Tyree 20,000 Leagues lokani
when I got it on 4-18-09
lokani_4-18-09.jpg

5-31-09
lokani_5-31-09.jpg

Tyree Sunset monti
when I got it on 4-18-09
sunset_4-18-09.jpg

5-31-09
sunset_5-31-09.jpg

Ryan, I'm happy with the growth and especially the color. It was a little browned out when I got it. It's a really nice blue/purple now. I wasn't thrilled with it when I got it, but it's looking way better now....almost makes me think it is worth the price. ;)

Where do you have yours? Mine is in mod flow and about 3/4 down directly under a MH bulb. I would say under around 275 PAR.

Well with the algae issues I have still not mounted my permanently, Its still in the sand bed directly under a 400w good colors very little encrustation. Its going to stay there until I get the algae under control. Which by the way, since getting the reactor online seems to have inhibited most of the new growth or at least slowed it down a ton!

Im in now hurry to lose a $70 frag so as long as it keeps looking healthy and I have an algae problem it can stay put.

Very nice growth on that Lokani! The sunset will take off after it's established some, mine did just that. I love how that encrustation (?!) looks on the edges of that sunset! Kind of transparent base with the nice green polyps.

Back