Steve's or Rapid?

thats what i want, just getting more thoughts i have the RKL and the ALC module is coming soon so i can using the dimmer,i think ill be good. what do u think about colors? Ratio's, i know its 24 LEDs i was thinking 15 RB and 9 CW. thoughts?

thats what i want, just getting more thoughts i have the RKL and the ALC module is coming soon so i can using the dimmer,i think ill be good. what do u think about colors? Ratio's, i know its 24 LEDs i was thinking 15 RB and 9 CW. thoughts?

Generally the ratio you will see recommended most often is a 2:1 ratio of blues to whites. Rapid's setup should be modular enough so that you can play around with ratios / colors if you want too.

If possible I would see if they can work in some cyans and/or UV colored LED's for color rendition

I dont want to have to hook up 3 or 4 seperate drivers for Cyan and Uvs to run at different currents. i may just stick with blues and whites, my buddies setup has 15 RB and 9 CW and his looks pretty sweet.

Last edited:
I'm counting mine now.... ;

OK... 23 blue.... 18 white.... 2 red... 2 green... 6 UV ... on my RapidLED sticks.. and I keep the white (and others) at about 1/2 power, .. and the blues at about 7/8 power.
.. I think Mike at Rapid does the cran instead of purple.

On the AquaticLED there are 24 blue.... 18 white ... and 9 purple. This one is on full w/o a dimmer.. and this is a "nice" color mix.

Last edited:
OK, it gets a bit complicated to explain so here goes..

I have three 36" heat rails. They come pre-drilled and taped.

On one rail [we shall call this the "front rail"] I have 5 white and 4 UV on a LPC 35 700 driver that does not dim. Additionally on that rail are 6 blue.. but those blues are powered by the two blue drivers listed below (3 to each driver) This rail has an empty LED port at each end.

The other two rails [we shall call these the "dim rails"] are powered by four ELN 60 48D drivers. They dim and are controlled by two pots (one for blue and one for white) . The white drivers also drive the "others". ..to be explained.

The two ELN drivers on the blue circuits each drive 8 blues on a "dim rail", and 3 blues on the "front rail". .... that is a series of 11 blues per driver.

The two ELN drivers on the "white" circuits each drive 6 white, 1 green, 1 red, and 1 UV on a "dim rail", .... that is a series of 9 per driver.... thus the whites are provided more voltage at full power... (these 2 green, 2 red, and 2 UV are the "others" mentioned above).

Is that clear as mud?? .... LOL... and is a mouth full too..not to mention a head scratch to math out.... and a bit of a web to solder and wire as the proper number of balanced series circuits on three rails.

.................but they work perfectly!

Last edited:
Back