stock list for 56 gallon

clownfish cj

Reefing newb
This is my current stock list for my 56 gallon column tank (30x18x24).

1. pair of ocellaris clownfish
2. Royal Gramma Basslet
3. Yellowtail Damsel
4. Mimic Tang

In the book I bought to start this hobby it says that mimic tangs can go in a tank as small as a 50 gallon. Howerver, other resources have said it must be at least 75. Also, my tank isn't that standard long size and I'm wondering if it will be long enough for a tang to swim around horizontally.

Also, will these fish work good together and if so, in what order should I introduce them to the tank?

Thank you very much, and if you have ideas for other fish that might fit better in this kind of tank I am all ears.

Thanks!

I think if your tank is 4 feet long, the tang will be okay for a while. If it's not 4 feet long, then I would pass on any type of tang.

The rest of the fish should get along fine, although you've picked out 3 types of fish that are known for aggression, so you may see some fighting. In my experience, yellow tail damsels are some of the more docile damsels though. ;)

With those 4 fish, I really don't think the order you add them matters since none of them are really going to be more aggressive or territorial than any of the others.

Back