Stocking

Waterlover91

Reefing newb
What fish can go in 38 gallon? I have one with 2 false perculas and was wondering how many other fish to add. I was thinking of a purple firefish and a half black dwarf angel, but I don't know if that is too much.
By the way I have 38 pounds of live rock with 30 pounds of live sand along with a 2000 millennium wet/dry filter. No protein skimmer yet saving up to buy a good $200 one.

you are looking at having about 7-8 inches of fish in a tank that size. If you keep feedings down and do religious water changes, you could push it to 9 or 10 inches at the maximum, but you might run into water quality problems. The "5 gallons per 1 inch of fish" rule is a good one for starting, but the real test is your water parameters and behavior of your fish. If your parameters (nitrates, nitrites, ammonia) start climbing and regular water changes do not get them into the safe zone, you have to high a bio-load. Also, if you do not have ample territory for your fish to establish themselves, no matter if you have reached your bio-load maximum or not, they will start to stress out and die. Good luck

-Doc

I think you could safely add 2 more fish, but that also depends on if the clowns are aggressive (which many of them are, especially in small tanks).

Two small pooping fish would be fine. Once you get our protein skimmer that will help your water paremeters. Just keep and eye on the nitrates and you should be fine.

Back