Stuff

Nemo2010

Reefing newb
Hey guys you have been the greatest help in the world for me lol as im a NEUB to saltwater. Thanks to you guys my tank has been up and running perfect for almost 5 months now :). I do have a few questions.

1. Were can i get directions for a algea scrubber and do i need one?
basically im getting a green algea outbreak and i want to control it without chemicals but i dont want to loose the coraline algea that is growing.

2. I am using purple up which seems to be working well thanks to the reference from you guys :)

3. i am running 4 power heads not including the output of my Fluval fx5 (1800 Gph) is that to much or should i add more?

I'm sure body will have the link to the algae scrubber.As for needing one,It couldnt hurt to run it.

What brand and size powerheads are you running?
Generally speaking,as long as your sand is not in suspension,you dont have to much flow.

I am running 2 mini heads that do 120gpg and two penguins on the top to break the water surface. I also had 3 anenomies condys but one got sucked into the power head lol. But i have been un able to find the purple one for almost 2 weeks not not sure were it went. Should i leave it be or search for it?

If you haven't seen the anemone in weeks, it's probably dead and long gone :( Your tank is way too young to keep an anemone anyways.

Back