SunRise's 55g Seahorse Reef

Looks really great Amber! Get that bad boy some ladies so that he will keep his awesome colors

He has always been a bachelor, he was only at the store for about a week the guy who had him before me only had the one.

I dont know if my tank is big enough for a school anyway everything I read up on them said at least 100 gallons or more for a school but a single would be ok in at least 50.

I sure hope he doesnt lose the colors thats why I got him :grumble:

Hi everyone! Its been a while since I had any changes or new additions.

Last week I unexpectedly lost my watchman goby, he didnt even show signs of any issues. He was the first fish I ever got years ago :(

Also after 4 months of hand feeding my midas blenny she also died. Her spine continued to curve and she hadn't swam at all since June but she hung on for a long time in her hospital tank. Those were my 2 favorite and oldest fishes and they will be greatly missed.

After a couple of weeks I decided to go with a mandarin. I have dosed my tank with pods several times over the years and have my cheato finally growing nicely so I am giving it a try.

5W9To.jpg

uFvow.jpg

The pipefishes were SOOOO curious to check out the new guy and photo bombed my picture, silly pipes

pZ9zM.jpg

I also got my first BTA even though my clown fish is perfectly fine with the now gigantic frogspawn. I think its really beautiful and look forward to having anemones again after the seahorses.

kDfRc.jpg

Also got my first brain coral which looked way cooler in the lights at the store :grumble:
I have been using actinic but think I might get at least one more purple plus now.

ONG49.jpg

FTS

BEFORE
vShxa.jpg

NOW my leathers are HUGE and I have fragged them several times already they are really awesome corals. I had to move my gorgonia to the other side and got a few sponges a couple months ago that are doing great.

Zh2S5.jpg

Back