Super Skimmer Modifications

Mine came with 2 lengths of hose.One was close to 8 inches and the other was about 4 inches.Since the 4 inch was to short I used the 8 inch and trimmed it down to keep my pump right at 3 1/2 inchs deep.

By saying how deep your pump is in the water are you referring to how far under the surface of the water the top of the pump is? or the bottom? I'm assuming the top, maybe I will try cutting that tubing down a little bit, i cant get it to skim anything unless its really wet... getting tired of emptying the 2 liter bottle every day or it will be over full. If i turn it down the slightest bump down it wont skim an inch in 2 weeks...

yote, when you said keep the bubbles about 1/2 inch below the neck, you mean the part the bubble spill out of and into the collection cup, right. basically 1/2 inch from the very top?

Cory I still think if you bring your pump up a little it will sove your problem. That's where I keep my bubbles half inch from the top of the collection cup.

yote, when you said keep the bubbles about 1/2 inch below the neck, you mean the part the bubble spill out of and into the collection cup, right. basically 1/2 inch from the very top?

Naw Pheeshes.I got mine set so the bubbles are about 1/2 up from the bottom of the cone.
If I get em higher in the cone than that,It'll pour water into the cup.

here's how I did mine before I went big...HTH
P1010046.JPG

the tubes are one from the air pump and one to the water pump.
you can also look in my galery for more pics of the mod..

Last edited:
I used an adjustable airpump but you can use any pump and put an air valve between the silencer and the air pump to trim the air that goes in.

I couldn't find your gallery. what size air pump did you use?

you can look up my name and my pics shouls come up. I think.

yeah Kimoy thats what i was looking for all along. How much air is your pump putting out that you attached to the super skimmer? I tried a pump, but it was too weak and slowed the air flow down actually... I am going to try to move my pump up more, from that article 2" or less below the water is the best... mine is way deeper than that.

Back