T5 copact lighting ??? will this be ok for my tank

saltwater

Reefing newb
Hi i have got a 165 litre tank and have got a new light to fit in to my hood :D

the new light has twin 55w compact tubes that is total of 110w (2 x 55w compact inter pet triplus troposphere tubs ) i will also be leaving 2 x 24wH.O marine blue tubes in for the blue spectrum

, will this be adequate to have most types of choral in the tank, and not too much for the fish and inverts :sfish:

Tank is a aqua one AR850
32'' L, X 16''W , X 18'' D,

or do you think i should have moor or less light or diferant tube types :question:

many thanks:bowdown:
saltwater
dave

165 Litres works out to about 44 U.S. gallons. Your total wattage is 158, correct? Depending on what you are wanting to keep that should be enough light, assuming my calculations are correct, and I read your post correctly.

i was thinking of sum soft ,hard, corals etc possibly an anemone , and a clam ,

sorry i don't know the correct names i have only got sum leathers in gust now

is there any thing that i can not keep with this amount of lighting if that is es eyer

many thanks

Personally I would stay away from the anemone and clams for a bit until you have a better understanding of your tank once you have up-graded. Both those animals need prestine water conditions. Not saying that you don't have that, but it is something that is required to keep them. So that being said, you are running about 3.59 watts per gallon. Rule of thumb for SPS and those types of animals is roughly 4 watts per gallon. The clam would be easier to keep as he wont get up and walk around your tank, the nem on the other hand, well, he might like where you put him or he may decide to walk around and try to find a better spot. I think it could be done with what you have if that's what you have in mind. Just try and research whatever animal you're thinking about before you get it, so as you know what it will require by you.

you would do very well with a veriety of soft corals like mushrooms, and zoas, and LPS corals should also do well. You do have the light to grow SPS, but they will have to be placed at the top of the tank. Should do well for you though I think.

thank you for the advice i will do a lot of research be for i get any

so if my calculations are correct i will be 62w shy of the 4w per gallon ?

it looks as if i may have to make a new light hood for the tank to fit in the extra lighting
and cooling fans

thank you for all the help you have given me on this

saltwater

Back