Tang sick?

saltwaternewby

Reefing newb
Ok it is me again. I did pull the starfish out. It didnt look so good. After I pulled it out I added stress coat. I have a yellow tang. I have had him for about 3 months. Now he is stresses (I think) He is turning a pale yellow and he has a brown spot on both sides of him. He did this when I brought him home but he was fine. I wonder if the dead starfish made him sick? These fish are in my little 10 gallon I am waiting for my 46 gallon to cycle. I will be moving them but now I am getting a little frustrated. Please HELP ME!!!!

Do a total 50% water change in three increments. but 1st test your water and record the findings, salinity, alkalinity, nitrate, amonia, nitrite. make sure you mix up your salt water prior to the change about 24 hrs plus. see the helpful articles for a lot of information to help you . do not add anything to the tank water at this point. without water parameters provided it is almost impossible to advise you. if your water changes are done properly, it can only help.

Back