Tank set up question

ok I will load them up tomorrow. today is payday for the military guys soo woo hoo. another 200 down the drain. i got 10 more pounds of LR and a Seaclone 100 protien skimmer. now how in the willy wonka land do i tune this bad boy bubbling the tar out of my tank.

Update conducted first test after 14 days here are my readings as follows:

pH - 8.2
Ammonia- 0 ppm
Nitrite- 0 ppm
Nitrate- color indicated between 0 ppm - 5 ppm max

yah. now i guess i just keep waiting . its been 2 weeks. what happens next

I dont think the seaclone skimmer are very good, can you return it?

Also if you saw the ammonia and nitrite spike, then do a water change and add your first fish!

i dont know if i cant return it; but its alot better today after running a bit no more bubbles splashing the water just a minut few and i'm slowly workin the adjustment i get some smelly water trapped in the top but its still from too much water. i dont know if it spiked i put alot of live sand/rock in there. i got a damsel tonight and i'm gonna put some pictures up this weekend of everything. awesome awesome.

Once you run a quality skimmer, you will see just how bad those guys are. But there are some mods you can make to them to make them run a little better.

Also damsels are some of the worst fish you can start with because they are essence of pure evil. They are well known for bullying any fish you add after them, often to death, even if the fish is much larger than they are. They are also a major pain in the ass.

Next, do your research before you buy a fish and dont trust what the LFS has to say about them 100%. They are well known for giving bad, misleading advice, because at the end of the day, they are there to make money off of you. Anyone one on here would have warned you not to get the damsels and would have guided you towards a much better purchase.

copy that i guess i can always return the fish they said they do things like that. i will wait alittle before i spend anymore money. and i am just trying to take everything in stride. thanks for the advice

damsels although there hardy and easy to care for...are definitely some of the meanest fish u can have... itll cause u a bunch of headaches when u wanna add other fish and the damsels will bully them half to death... :(

also...i would say to try and get ur money back on the sea clone as it is basically almost useless...it might push up a little foam here or there...but a good skimmer is one of the best investments u can make and will save u alot of time and trouble with your tank in the long-run (and the short-run)
and like little_fish said...ull definitely see what your seaclones been missing once u switch to a better skimmer...

i will see if i can return it i guess or take a hit on it. i may its foaming over top no matter what i do except let it run fully closed just water. i apprecaite all your help making sure i can get this set up and going i am gonna start a thread somehow showing my setup and progress. hmmm now where to start it

yes very much thanks for the approval haha. i got my first blue leg hermit crab! and i got my first 4 small watermelon mushroom's.

absolutely i willl put some more on my tank build page tomorrow or the next day. i like them they have changed colors in 24 hours its amazing!

Found this lil booger on my glass today when i got home. he is white super this and looks like a shell on his back. he has two pointy lil feelers out infront!

Attachments

• photo(29).jpg
    photo(29).jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 171
  • photo(30).jpg
    photo(30).jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 173
then i i went to gym for couple hours came back and SAM (my snail :) who by the way is freakin slick) is still on the front glass like a show off.

Back