Tanks for sale in Times free Press

AuburnGrad93

Reefing newb
Hey guys,

I was perusing the local Times Free Press and saw the following tanks for sale. Thought someone in the club might be interested?? Maybe we could do a sticky or something for anytime a tank comes up in the paper a member could post it here?? Just an idea? Anyway, the two I saw yesterday are:

AQUARIUM - 100 gal, w/ black wood cabinet, stand & hood. tsunami wave-maker, magnetic cleaner, new heater & air pump, protein skimmer, filter, $600; 645-9569
Published: 3/31/2006

Aquarium-125 GA w/Custom Stand, 48 inch Aqualight Pro Metal Halide Lights, 3 Emperor 400 Filters, 2 Heaters, Maxxima RO/DI filter. $600. 423-504-5277 or [email protected]
Published: 3/31/2006

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw this one recently too:

Aquarium 65 GAL Oceanic w/stand,Fluval 404 filter, Powerhead 301 pump, 5 GAL refugium, AquaC skimmer,Coralife 4x55 light, 45 lbs live rock,$390 432-8243
Published: 4/8/2006

This one was in today's.

AQUARIUM 125gal salt water set up, with fish, solid oak stand, $500 in accessories $800, 423-942-6029
Published: 4/19/2006

Darren :sfish:

This isn't in the paper but I am selling one of my setups. I'm selling this for 350 at work but I'll drop it to 300 for anyone here.

http://www.abrichardson.com/tankForSale

One 37G AllGlass aquarium with goodies

Three predrilled holes in back of tank for custom plumbing. Black silicone is used instead of traditional clear.

Previousely used as saltwater reef tank.

Included is a custom made hood and wet/dry filter ( w/HOB overflow )
Stand not included.

Wet/Dry has three compartments: one for the intake and skimmer ( included ), one for the mechanical filtration and
bio-balls ( included ) and a third for the return pump ( not included ). Hold roughly 20 gallons of water ( good for extra water stability )

Also included are lights:
one CoraLife PowerCompact Double Linear Strip ( https://www82.safesecureweb.com/web...PROD&Product_Code=CL53102&Category_Code=CACFF )( holds 2 24" - 65W PC bulbs ) and a single 96W 36" PC bulb ( total 225W lights )

Crushed coral substrate ( cleaned ), fish net, 100W heater.

It's not in chatt but on the east tn reef club thread on RC a guy (skwirl) is going to sell a 155 bow with mr2 skimmer and pumps - Don't know what he is asking yet. May be a good deal - May not.

I'm selling my tank...

125g. Marine Aquarium
Aquarium comes complete with live rock/sand, coral, fish, pumps, and lighting. Inhabitants include a large Lionfish and a Yellow-headed Green Moray Eel, a small Spotted Hawkfish, Mushrooms, Zooanthids, Button Polyps, Kenya Trees, Candy Canes, and a Green BTA. Lighting consists of 2 - 250w 15k Metal Halides, 2 - 96w 03 Actintic power compacts, and some accessory lighting, as well as several digital timers,150w heater, and two large battery back-up units. Tank comes w/ a Surge 6000 pump, several power heads, Aquatic Life Aggressor A-15 protein skimmer, and a Magnum 350 canister filter. In addition to the tank and the equipment is a few hundred pounds of dead rock. We are asking $1,200 but will consider any reasonable offers. 423-309-6321

Silly34:

Thats a great price... thanks for posting... Quick question if you don't mind helping us out though... how did you find the site? Did you just find it or have you known about the club for a while and just didn't think it was right for you?

Thanks
Brandon

thanks for posting, sounds like a great deal on a great setup. Are you getting out of the hobby? hope not, we need more reef keepers locally! If you dont have any luck selling as a whole, post some things seperate and see if you can make some money that way, sometimes if you seperate things you can make more money. Also you may try listing it on reefcentral. Keep us posted.

Bryan

I actually came to the frag swap this past week or so. I am not getting out of the hobby completely (I've got a reef ready 155 bow collecting dust at the moment) and I am not really pushing hard to sell the tank but I haven't had the time to really take care of the tank like it needs. If I can't sell it then I will keep the water changes going and regular maintenance until I can get more time to spend w/ it. Thanks all!

B.

silly34, I know someone whos looking for alot of dead rock if your interested in selling it seperate, I would be interested in one of the battery backups if you want to sell it seperate. let me know.

Ok I would be interested in selling the equipment seperate but I need to get rid of all the living things first. Some recent events have encouraged me to hurry up and get rid of this tank and my other prized tank. So I will offer everthing w/ the 125g for $800 and will sell my 155g Bow front reef ready for $500, comes w/ stand, I built the stand. If I can't sell the 125g complete then I will start breaking it down selling off the live stuff then the equipment. Thanks!!

That is such a great deal, I wish I could buy the whole thing. If you wind up parting it out I would be interested in some of the dead rock and maybe some of the live rock. Keep us updated on what you do.

Silly:

I would recommend you getting in touch with Bermuda or Fish Paradise. They sometimes will sell stuff on consignment etc.

Brandon

Back