The back of my tank is an eyesore

Looking for some advice. I did NOT paint the back of my tank. I wish I would have. I have ghetto style taped a horrible shiny blue background on the back. It works ok, I guess, never looks totally right and when I drip water on the back it sticks to the glass and dries all salty. Can you picture this? It ain't pretty. Coraline and other yuck grows on the back glass but I can't deal with it cause the magnet cleaner bunches and creases the blue plastic/paper. So. Any suggestions? What am I supposed to do at this point?
When I take the background down I can see my stupid black powerhead cords. Are vortechs cordless? Which ones would I need to replace my 2 koralia 1400s with? I don't want to drop a ton but I cannot stand how it looks right now.

I've seen solid colour.. i guess like stickers you can put on the outside back of your tank. Cant for the life of me remember where i seen them. But at the store it was in huge rolls and they would cut it to your specs. They peel off just as easy as well. Kind of like a cell phone screen cover but not clear. Might be an idea..

I also did not paint my back and tried to put that sticker stuff on after the set up. Was a mess! Even tried cutting it in half to do one side at a time. I'm now using matte board that I had in my shed. Works okay and letting pink coroline cover that.

Just get some black foam core or mat board from an arts and crafts store, (like the ones they use in picture frames), and attach it to the back of your tank. Assuming you have an upper and lower lip, you can easily hide pieces of velcro to attach it, or double-sided tape. You should be able to do this while the tank is up against a wall, as long as you move your plumbing and adjust for it.

Otherwise, if you have access to the back of your tank, just pick up a can of black paint and a small roller, tape off the edges, and have at it. Move all the plumbing out of the way or to the sides, shouldn't take long at all, depending on the size of tank.

One my old 55 (which I didn't paint the back of), I used a vinyl shower curtain. I bought one that was a dark color, cut it to fit the back, and velcroed it to the rim of the tank in a few places. It can get wet, and you can remove it easily and put it back up if you want to clean the back of the tank.

I use valspar satin spraypaint. White. And no vortech's are not cordless, just on the, "wet side". Sarah that's cleaver =D

Back