The Twins--180

Good job on the canopy! Everything looks awesome. I gotta come back and see it in person now! Matt said he will bring the beer! :)

Heck yeah! Lets get it on the calendar

In other news, you both need to come over and see my tank. I need advice and words of encouragement. I almost pulled the plug last weekend

But that's neither here nor there. The twins look really good Ed!

Heck yeah! Lets get it on the calendar

In other news, you both need to come over and see my tank. I need advice and words of encouragement. I almost pulled the plug last weekend

But that's neither here nor there. The twins look really good Ed!

Get with Ed on a date and time and just let me know when! As far as your tank goes Matt don't give up bro. Whatever it is there's a solution. You still got my number right? If not just PM me. I'd be willing to come up and take a look at your tank and we can brainstorm. Jus lmk.

Again Ed the tanks look sweet!

Worst update ever!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to take these tanks down soon. My wife got a new job, teaching. It is about a 30 min drive from where we are now. We have decided it would be better for her and the kids to live closer to the school, that way the kids friends will live closer to us. And she will be close for parent/teacher meeting and the like. If I get a job within a hour ride from the house I am happy, but you know the saying "happy wife, bigger tanks." Thanks for following along, and all the help. These tanks will go into storage untill we are settled into the new house. One of the requirements for the new house is a fish room, so we will see what the future brings. Right now I plan to keep the corals and clowns in one of the 40 gal sumps I have now. I can't get rid of everything. I just feel it would to hard and stressfull on me and the fish to try and move two 180s along with the rest of the stuff we own.

Did you say you had a Chevron Tang? jk ugh this saddens me like worse than taking down my own tanks. I gotta try and get there before you strip down the tanks. If you want me to "house" any corals for ya lmk. I highly doubt i could take any of your fish unless you got something suitable for a 45g. Also ya know im good to help ya haul them babies back out of the house if ya need me. This sucks but im happy for your wife and the fam. My days off are sunday and monday. Lmk if i can stop by.

Not sure if this should be a new tank build or the same one. Hoping to put the twins back up in the new house but we may have to put up with this for a while.
A tank inside a tank...no one is that lucky!
19579fb5.jpg

here is the new tank behind the bar.. Who wouldn't buy this house?
2cfd3064.jpg

152df8b1.jpg

The sump for my old 90 gal. Should clear it up in no time.
9cfb79ab.jpg

Well things have been happening pretty fast around here. We sold our house in 24hrs and we have found a new one. It has a unfinished basement which means I can design the layout around the tanks, but it will take a little longer to get them set back up. We should be in the new house by Sept. 1 so I will keep this posted as we move forward.

Glad to hear things worked out with the house and such. When you're ready to bring the twins out of retirement just let me know, we moved them once, we can certainly move them again :)

Well, it is not the best of updates, but to let you all it is moving forward....slowly.
I got the twins standing in the garage for now but they are at least in the right zip code.
9f719e6f.jpg

Got the RO/DI set up, with a 150gpd upgrade kit from BRS.
It works great, if anybody was thinking of getting one.
a6b56848.jpg

Got water mixed up and waiting till the 29 gal comes home.
54d4eb1f.jpg

I also clean one of the 40gal breeders I was useing as a sump, thinking I might set this up to hold me over till I can set up a 180.
4430d4d6.jpg

And here is my blank slate to work with as to what I am going to do in the future, hopefully near future, with the twins. I am open to suggestions let me see pics of what you think would be cool.
344d6dcd.jpg

The fish are home. I think we should have an ugliest set up competion, something I would finially win. This is what happens when you move a tank 4 times in two months with no real preplan on where it should go. I just put it where it wont be in the way for as long as possible. HOPEFULLY!!!
Loading pics now to photobucket. posted soon

This may just because you are moving it around, but why do you have your lights so high? Were you doing maintenance, acclimating the tank to them, or are they that bright?

Back