The Twins--180

Small update: Hung the plywood on the other side of the stand. I got the lights and powerheads ordered, should be here Thursday. Rocks and pumps order and should be here by the end of the week. Could be a real busy 4th if the tanks come in this weekend, but it doesn't look like they will make it. Which would be find a lot of the people I ask to help move these in are going to be out of town this weekend. Will get pics up once I start recieving the goodies.

I'm free this weekend pretty much anytime, so just let me know what the plan is

You need me to get a hold of some furnature dollies from my parents?

Alright, spoke to my dad, and I've got the following lined up

2 furnature dollies
Handtruck
Tie down straps

so this should be pretty easy ;)

Now the question becomes are Dana and I billing you in beer or coral? :bounce:

Alright, spoke to my dad, and I've got the following lined up

2 furnature dollies
Handtruck
Tie down straps

so this should be pretty easy ;)

Now the question becomes are Dana and I billing you in beer or coral? :bounce:

Haha. Beer and a brat would do me. I also accept corals at a later date. =p

Was a pleasure meeting you, and your family. Thanks for the hospitality. I gotta say this is going to be fun watching these tanks come together and if you need any more help don't hesitate to call me. Hopefully you post some pictures soon.

Well, as you see the tanks are in. I will throw up some pics after I have a chance to go through and pick a few good ones from the move. Big thanks to Matt and Dana for stopping by on their holiday weekend to help out. It went better than I could have expected. It was nice to have people help who know what they were doing and care for them like they were their own tanks not just boxes of glass. Do you guys mind if you end up in the pics I post?

Well, as you see the tanks are in. I will throw up some pics after I have a chance to go through and pick a few good ones from the move. Big thanks to Matt and Dana for stopping by on their holiday weekend to help out. It went better than I could have expected. It was nice to have people help who know what they were doing and care for them like they were their own tanks not just boxes of glass. Do you guys mind if you end up in the pics I post?

Not at all. Prolly shoulda took a picture of the 3 of us together after lol. Thanks for the beer n brat!:Cheers:

Alright here are the pictures. I will save you from haveing to veiw all the butt shots.
first one down the stairs
84dff031.jpg

on to the stand
0056117b.jpg

fits like a glove and back up to get the other one
844be9b3.jpg

fd5255da.jpg

fe4753af.jpg

77fe74fb.jpg

of course the kids needed to see if they were big enough for the fish
be733273.jpg

The rail above the tanks is for the lights. I have 5 AI Sol Blue lights and a MP40 for the FOWLR and a MP60 for the reef. Now I need to plumb the sump which I plan on running algea scrubbers, leak test with tap water, they the fun begins. Wash Wash Wash Wash Wash Wash. I have 300# of Macro dry rock and 300# of sand. Hopefully with the extra day off of work I can have the rock and sand in by the end of Monday. Lots to do and it is my mom's B-day tomorrow and when the kids go to bed I am not allowed to make any noise...so the work stops. The longest thing is going to be making the water to fill them. Thanks for looking, and thanks again to Dana and Matt for giving me a little of your time could not have done it with out you guys.

haha....really all i can say...is im happy to be a part in this. I think this is going to be the biggest build on LR if im correct. Whats the total volume? 440 gallons?

Whats the total volume? 440 gallons?
I come up with 418, but who is counting!:mrgreen: It is two seperate systems, so I can keep water destroying fish like a puffer next to some corals. I am hoping to be able to have a few mushrooms or something in that tank but will have to see what works.

Back