There was a few now they are everywhere....what is it?

Marines_Wife

Reef enthusiast
I have two things in my tank that I have no idea what they are or what they do, so I am coming to figure it out.

This first picture, there were just a couple, not many but now they are everywhere. They grew pretty fast let me tell you!! The fish dont really bother them and they dont bother me per say, I just want to know what they are!

001 by EspysWife, on Flickr

Secondly are these little white dots. There were just a few but now they are ALL over the rocks. Again the fish dont seem bothered by them so I am not overly concerned but I have no idea what it is

004 by EspysWife, on Flickr

Also, I know this isnt in the right section but I am to lazy to start a new thread LOL. I like to keep all of my levels in a good area so I can put whatever I want in there. My calcium level is what I am most concerned about now because I would like to get coral in there however SOMETHING and I am not sure what it is seems to bee leeching the calcium out of the tank at a pretty good pace. I added calcium last week and was able to get it to 480, but I am sitting at 360 now. In a week! Well 6 days really....Any thoughts??

The little white dots are snail sacks. Apparently they wont hatch though. Our tanks are not good egg incubators. And dont know what the green stuff is. :/

the green things look like some type of calcify algae but beyond that, im not sure.

What are is your pH and alk at? Calcium, pH and alkalinity are all related.

the green things look like Neomeris annulata.

THATS WHAT I HAVE!!!!!! THANK YOU

This is what I found about it and I am going to do some more research

Requires high lighting like that needed by clams and SPS corals. Neomeris Annulata also requires a lot of calcium to keep growth steady. Pristine water conditions are also necessary, only trace amounts of nitrates to keep the Neomeris Annulata fueled, should be in the water. Treat the Neomeris Annulata as if it were a coral it should grow like wild for you. This is a very tricky macro algae to keep around for long periods of time.

Neomeris Annulata is very reef safe and will grow well in a reef environment. It is unlikely that the Neomeris Annulata will become invasive due to its high mortality rate and its slow growth. Neomeris Annulata is calcium based so a tank that gets dosing of calcium of your coral will aid in the happiness of this stunning algae.

Look at this guys tank!

11194new_tank_in_green.jpg

lol 2Cent

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BxBs4f4RIU&feature=fvst]KRS One "Sound of Da Police" - YouTube[/ame]

Back