Thicko question!!

mabbus

Reefing newb
[FONT=&quot]I have a question, a thicko question to be precise . Where I am now has input AC of 220v So I have bought a step-down converter to 110v to use on my Aqualife T5 lights when they arrive. Not knowing anything about electricity, the converter says 80Watt max. Will this be enough for the lights, or will I have to try and find something with a larger wattage?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I know the lights consist of 4 x 54w, but I’m not sure if that means I will have to have a converter greater then 216w.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Like I said, sorry for the dumb question
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Sounds like you're going to need a converter that can handle the wattage. The last thing you want is for your current one to fry and catch fire. Then you'll lose a lot more than having to pay the extra it might be for a larger converter. I'd play it safe and get one rated for it. :Cheers:

Thanks Kevin, I don't have a problem buying a different one, I didn't notice until I got home it had 80w only, never thought about them having a min wattage. Not really knowing how it works, I didn't know whether a 54w bulb uses 54w or gave out 54w.

I will seek something with a 250w or more

Thanks
Peter

Thanks Kevin, I don't have a problem buying a different one, I didn't notice until I got home it had 80w only, never thought about them having a min wattage. Not really knowing how it works, I didn't know whether a 54w bulb uses 54w or gave out 54w.

I will seek something with a 250w or more

Thanks
Peter

Watts is a unit of power consumption. So the 54w bulbs use 54 watts of electrical power each.

Back