time for fish!

tjsell04

Reefing newb
I do believe that it is time for some fish in my 10gal! Been testing and ammonia and nitrites have been steadily decreasing. checked nitrates too and all is well! The only thing is that i have spotted a little bright green patch on my live rock (which i got from the Petland in cartersville, probably shoudn't cuz most of the fish in the other tanks looked bad plus a couple of dead floating around). I will post some pics as soon as i get access to a camera. Anyway back to the original question... what would be a good inexpensive starter fish?

[/I]
Thanks so much! I really love this place and i've learned so much!!

I'd add a fish only when your ammonia and nitrites hit zero. And I think a small clown or a goby would be a good fish to start with. Since it is a 10 gallon tank, you are restricted in what you can keep... The green patch is probably algae, which is normal for a new tank. Keeping your water parameters in check will help with the algae.

Good Luck With Your Tank, Im N The Same Position With My 35 Gallon.!!! Getting Excited.. Good Luck Again.

Ps You Are Right This Site Is Great And Everyone Is Very Helpfull!!!!

Like Biff I would wait until your ammonia and nitrite is zero.A Percula/Ocellaris Clown,Firefish are nice.Maybe a small cleanup crew of snails too.

Best of Luck

IN a 10 gal I would probably go with a couple of clowns.But only after ammonia and nitrite reach the zero mark.
I know how tough it is to wait out a cycle,just dont rush it.
Good luck.

Back