toasted turbo? :(

lilduud

Reefing newb
well one of my two turbos looks like shes makin her last run.
within the past few days she hasnt been eating, ive found her upside down more than three times..... when i try to put her on glass she wont react at all and when i put her on live rock it takes her about 10 minutes to realize shes there and she wont attach but ends up falling off again....
ill be gone tonight and possibly even tomorrow and royally pissed off if i come back to a dead tank.... what do you think? should i toss her just to be safe or see if she pulls through.

I'd leave it. If she dies, the other cuc will do their job. Mine don't re-latch on to things if I try to force them. They retreat into their shell until I'm long gone, and they go about their business.

mine are usually very active and will attach if i hold them gently close to something.. but she has been in the same spots for hours at a time i set her on the sand bed next to a piece of live rock and she was there for an entire night.. last night i set her on a piece of rock and i think she fell to the back again as i can not see her.
ill leave her just in case... im just concerned about the tank size and the fact that my clean up crew consists of a peppermint shrimp and a few bristle worms haha

Sometimes snails don't move...They're snails where do they really have to be?

Just leave it alone, you're freaking it out by grabbing it and trying to place it somewhere. It's a snail, it has no idea you're trying to place it on the glass, it thinks that you're going to eat it for lunch.

haha alright sorry... yea i tend to freak out but this time its because this is pretty much the longet ill be away from it since the setup and i have multiple concerns and im just afraid of it crashing... its also because i will be the farthest away ever and i cant do anything or just check on it or anything like that haha just nervous

Seems to me, that the people on the forum that try to do an upgrade or some new fangled "idea" just before they leave for vacation end up killing everything...

Just make sure your water is topped off, feed them, turn the lights off and leave... If it ain't broke don't fix it.

all i was doing was a water change. hah i would never put something new in and leave. i only found out i had to go yesterday and my next change is due tomorrow so i had to do it early for safe measures...plus im not going on vacation im going to do maintenance work at my ranch for a maximum of three days. ive never had problem changing water before...

Seems to me, that the people on the forum that try to do an upgrade or some new fangled "idea" just before they leave for vacation

I did that one time -- did a water change before I left for the weekend...but it was unavoidable....my daughter dumped half a container of Formula One Pellets in my tank :shock: Had to siphon out as much as possible. My skimmer earned its keep that day!

Back