uh oh pico troubles

lilduud

Reefing newb
so i woke up to my clown slowly swimming back and forth in the tank breathing fairly hard... [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9-vELYg8o0]YouTube - Clown[/ame]
just tested my ammonia and 1.0 ppm ahhhhhh!!!!!! i hope thats lightly off... but i dont have any salt :( what can i do?! can i swap some water between my 10 gallon and the pico? the 10 gallon levels are all zero. i do like in san diego... could i get some sea water? i dont have any way of sterilizing it... plllleaasseee help!

I would swap the water ,you need to get that ammonia down,,he didn't look too bad from the clip ,and clowns are tuff....i would not use sea water...good luck

thank you!!! ill do that right away... ill also ask around for a sterilizer and see if scripps is available and if i can get a ride there...

Petco and Petsmart sell boxed pre-made saltwater. It's not cheap, but you wouldn't need much for your pico. They also sell salt. If you can get a ride to Scripps, you can get a ride to a pet store, right?

yea i just meant for an immediate solution would nsw or swapping work better... i just combined about a half gallon from each mixed it returned it and did the same thing like three times... waiting for ammonia readings on bboth tanks...

all the corals in my ten gallon look piiiiiissssseeeddd off though after swapping the water... hopefully it wont be too much ammonia at once and shock them

uh oh... ok so the ammonia in the pico is .25 now and its reading zero in the 10 gallon... the clownfish is now laying down in the back of the tank and breathing very hard... should i continue to swap water until its equal between the two? should i put my clown back into my ten gallon and prey he doesnt turn right back into a monster?

Back