Undulated Trigger water current

dannyboy

PLUHH
I just received a baby, about 1 inch trigger as an early x-mas present. His home for a while will be a 56 gallon all to him/herself. I have a few power heads kicking around and was wondering if there is a point where too much current is bad. I am running an aqua-clear 50 agitating the surface, an and a 30 pointing kinda down towards a corner. I have another 20 I could add. Will he appreciate this or is it too much? Thanks.

what you are using should be sufficent & even a bit much. sea creatures do not like forceful water, it is very stressful to always be batteling a current. he/she will go into higher current (that it will find) if it needs to. good luck with your new charge.

in my tank there was a pretty bad water current because of the way i had my power head positioned and my clown didnt like it so he just sat in a corner where there wasnt much of a current. After i saw that i moved it around to make it better, so if there is too much water current your trigger will avoid it and you'll be able to notice it

Everything I ever read said the niger is not reef safe. I have 1 in a fowlr tank and he is really cool, very active, will eat from my hand and grunts when hungry. If lookin for a reef trigger I'd recommend the blue throat, everything I read said possibly the only reef safe. I also have a female, very beautiful fish and just picked up a male, even cooler lookin but haven't introduced the two yet. Maybe no help, just addin my 2 cents.

Niger triggers are reef safe-ish. One of the more reef safe triggers. You take a risk when adding them, but a lot of times they will do well in a reef tank. I have a pink tail trigger in my reef tank, and he has never caused any problems.

Back