Update on my 28g fowlr

It all depends on the water quality in your tank. I would'nt worrie if your taking it out tomarrow. Algae can grow very quickly if water is bad or may take weeks or months to cover rocks, just depends, however, if your water quality is very good then it will slowly die off.

Yes that is true but they need to be really stressed out to release it, but it still is scary just knowing they can.LOL

It's true, but rare. I had my sea hare for a long time before she was sadly taken by a rogue powerhead while I was on vacation. I used to grab her and move her around the tank, and she never released her toxic dye, she was actually quite personable and loving... Sniff sniff.

Ok I have to Know whats the AFT!!
When my algae came It hit over nignt ! woke up to GREEN WATER ! could hardly see the fish . and my tank still has a green hue to it and real foggy water but Ive got it managed enough now ! phweew that was ugly!

Lion its the ALGAE FILLED TANK CULT..... there really dumb. All the cool kids are in the NAAO, No Algae Allowed Organization.
Pool take that damn rock out of your tank. First of all your tank is too small to house that much rock and the rest of your rock is in superior condition. Some people try for years to get that much coralline algae. Don't risk it! Second of all no matter what anybody says one day you will wake up and BOOOOM! your tank is green. I don't want to have to reply to any threads from you about "how to get rid of hair algae?"
ADD SAND BEFORE WATER>>> REMBER... take my word for this.

Pool, if you really like that rock, just keep it in a separate container for a bit with no light (like a bucket with a small heater). The algae will die off, then you can use the rock if you want. The algae is not likely to spread to your other rocks unless your water parameters allow it to -- if your nitrates and phosphates are at zero, or close to zero, the algae will die off on its own eventually.

And the AFT is not a cult... It is a CLUB. A legitimate, wonderful, fun filled Club where we drink lots of Kool Aid... ;)

thats why i never joined, Kool Aid sucks. I have other priorities in the beverage dept. And you also told reeffreak you had cake waiting for him. I hate cake. So it seems like there is nothing for me in the AFT. I mean Biff will come up to idaho no matter what club/cult I am in, and I really am kind of a hardcore person so I prefer the secrity that a cult has to provide as opposed to the general riff raff that lame sissy clubs have. I think I have gone on long enough here, any more and this post would belong in a different thread.

Oh also. pool I would remove that rock for good. I had a bad hair algae breakout and am sad to say I am still fighting it off. its taken months to get rid of it, however I am winning the battle it has just been a really long one and would be worth your time to just remove it. It also seems like a bit much rock so it would be more benificial to remove it anyways. Learn from my struggles with it and dont bring it on yourself.

if im not mistaken oregon actually farms more potatoes than Idaho. we just happen to have the name. Boise is in the middle of the state. just south is farming and immediately outside of town north is national forrests pretty much all the way up into canada. thats why motorcycle riding is so great hear. 20 mins out of town and im it twisty forrest roads!

I think KY and TN are still working on that prob hawk. Atleast you guys got them beat there. LOL

What do you call a virgin in KY or TN?

LOL Someone who can run faster than their brother.:mrgreen:

How do you cut off a hillbillys man part?

Kick his sister in the jaw. LMAO I kill my self LOL.:mrgreen:

Back