urchins, heeellllllllppppppppp!!!!!

sicklids

salt water dummy
need to know all that is possible, buddy is trying to get one and knows nothing about them and neither do i!!!!!!! hellllllllpppppppppp!!!! he doesnt have any access to internet, so its my job to figure this out!!!

he was thinking rock boring, i was thinkin pin cushion. and another thing, i have like some brown algae growin in a few places, will the urchin eat that?

If I was going to get an urchin(which I'm not)it would either be a tuxedo or a long spine.From what I've read,they are the only ones thats safer for a reef.BUT,they both will knock over rocks and corals and eat coralline.

i had a long spine and some common urchins a long time ago but got rid of them because i like to have coraling in my tank. but had not alage prob what so ever

I have one in my sump that eats the algae off the glass and LR that I have in there. Now and then he gets to roam the MT to clean the glass. Does better then the snails. Then I'll put him back in the sump. They're interesting to watch. Mine never touched any of my corals.

They are basically bulldozers of the sea. They wont eat coral but they will knock it out of their way. They will eat all types of algae in their way including coraline. I know of people that run their reef bare bottom and that is all they use for their CUC.

isnt coraline algae what most people want in their tanks? i mean is ther a point where theres too much coraline? like im using Purple Up right now, so would this be defeating the purpose?

i dont think i understood what you were saying , what inhibits the growth of bad algae in the tank? the purple up or the urchin?

i see. well i dont have a sump yet, but i do got some brown algae growin in my tank that i ugly as hell, my tank is a predator tank so what could i add to take out the brown algae?

all my fish are really small as of now, in a 55 gallon tank. waiting to move so i can set up the 120.

1- dwarf lion
1 - dog face puffer
1-picasso trigger
1-snowflake eel
1-cc starfish
4-blue damsels (used to be 5, im blaming the eel)

well i was reading that the long spined urchin is good for a predator tank due to its long spines. but what would eat the brown algae in my tank now, i dont have any coraline algae on my aquarium walls yet and am just getting it to spread over my rocks thanks to purple up.

If it is a predator tank and you said that that species were safe with predator ffish I would get it. becuse you dont have any corals. And you probaly dont have reef lighting for the coraline to grow.

Back