urchins, heeellllllllppppppppp!!!!!

I like the Long Spine Sea Urchin and pincushion urchin. I don't think they would make too much of a dent in eating the coraline algae.

I forgot to say that's what a few people have told me, who have kept them, but I guess it depends on the animal itself. Okay, shutting up now.

Last edited:
Actually,When an urchin moves across the rock,they leave a white trail behind them.They eat the coralline right down to the bare rock.

i have some pincushion urchins and short spine rock urchins(the best ones i think). long spine or short spined urchins do good keeping algae off rocks but long spine have hard time getting around with long spines and knock stuff over. pincushon and tuxedo urchins are sticky and will move your frags everywhere in tank.

I have a longspine its body is about the size of a tennis ball and the spines are around 8 inches long it eats everything but green algae I have never had any corraline in my tank probably due to this guy. As far as corals go I dont have any so cant tell ya. It even eats whole silversides.

Back