vendors

jhnrb

Reef enthusiast
Since there were not any posts to this category I thought I would put one here. I have done business with MARINE DEPOT.COM for about 7 years and have never had a problem. on two occasions I received mechandise that was damage and with a call, replacement receive within week no questions asked. if you are shopping for value you might give them a visit. They are also very helpful with assiting in identifying the right equipment you need if you have not already got something in mind. :D

I have also been dealing with them and they are great! I also deal with Big Als Online and Dr. Foster & Smith. Big Als, although they don't carry much hi-end stuff is fast & cheap. Dr. Foster & Smith is great for ordering live stock, if something shows up dead or not in good shape they replace it the next day, on that note most things show up in good shape.

TTL!

I have only ordered once from Dr's Foster and Smith. all dry goods. no problem and I would also recommend them. I have been watching their live section and may give them a try when I get ready to stock if they can provide items I will be looking for. good to know live stock info and that they stand behind their shipments. thanks for the imput chris.

dry base rock

I have recently ordered 2 - 60 lbs boxes of dry base rock from HIROCK .com. found it to be chalky and dense with some porosity. weight is medium. ordered large select. as there are not many places left to get dry base from in my area I am please with the shipment I received. I will do some shaping and drilling and assembly for base of reef. HIROCKS is a source for dry base and ships out of Calif.

Dolphinpumps.com

I have recently contacted Dolphin pumps.com 3 times with inquiry and after a 2 week wait I have received no reply. since they have been unresponsive to my inquiry I will probably replace the dolphin pumps when the time comes to some thing else. just thought I would pass it on. dont like it when ignored by distributors. DOLPHIN PUMPS FINALLY REPLIED AND I HAD A VERY GOOD CHAT WITH THEM. IT SEEMS THERE WAS A SHORT TRANSITION PERIOD AND THAT WAS THE REASON FOR DELAY IN CONTACTING. I AM COMFORTABLE THAT DOLPHIN IS ON LINE AGAIN AND CURRENTLY APPEARS TO GIVE GOOD SUPPORT. JUST REMEMBER IF YOU ARE ORDERING ONE OF THE AMP MASTERS MAKE SURE YOU GET THE NEW NON DESTRUCT SEAL JUST OUT. WILL SAVE YOU IN THE LONG RUN.

Last edited:
I ordered my Coralife MH lights from Big Als and they arrived on time and in perfect working order. The price was right. :)

P.S. I love my MH Lights!

marine depot has delivered on time the couple times I have used.I have got a number of great deal on test kits and additives on ebay

Back