wanting light help!

A six bulbs T5 fixture, a 175-250w x2 MH fixture with or without supplemental T5s or 2 LED modules would be your options on a 75.

in my light it came with 2 10,000 k day light bulbs and 2 actinic after i got it i took out 1 actinic and replaced it with an ati purple plus and now have 2 more bulbs coming tomorrow witch are an ati blue plus and an ati coral plus witch im hoping will give me more color pop. and im am making these changes because of advice i have gotten on here. when i added the purple plus it really brought out the orange in my clowns. but just some food for thought on some different bulbs you can add

the blue plus is good for taht from what i read and the coral plus helps too just look to see if its a stand alone or if it should be used with another type of bulb

Aquablue Special: Combines the properties of a full-spectrum bulb with an elevated blue color peak producing a bulb with an approximate color temperature of 15000K.

Blue Plus: Combines the properties of a blue bulb (approximately 460nm) with an actinic bulb (approximately 420nm) producing an intense blue light with high PAR numbers and a light spectrum that encourages both bluing in SPS corals and fluorescence in capable corals.

Coral Plus:Combines the properties of a Blue Plus (~50%) + Aquablue Special (~40%) + Purple Plus (~10%) producing a bulb with an approximate color temperature of 15000K+. Appears cool, crisp white to the eye.

Purple Plus: Combines the properties of a full spectrum bulb with strong red and blue components producing a bulb with excellent color-rendition that works very well for bringing out the pinks, purples and reds in an aquarium.

True Actinic: Produces a violet-blue light that is designed to maximize fluorescence in capable corals and make livestock colors pop.
took this from marine depot

If you're already looking at new bulbs call and talk to John at Reef Geeks. If you tell him what you've got in your tank and kind of the look you're going for, he'll be able to give you some good suggestions for a bulb combination.

Back