Watchman Goby

GassyMon

Wazzuuup
I recently bought a Yellow Watchman Goby who is about 2.5 inches. Will he make his own hole to live in or should i dig one for him? He sits up agains the glass at night and freaks out when the hermit crabs speed by him.

If he wants a hole to hide in, he should eventually dig it. You could always try adding a pistol shrimp for him to pair with as well.

It will dig its own hole or find one in the LR. You wont have to do anything. It will take some time before it finds its own place to call home. They can be jumpers so watch out for that. I just lost mine last week to the carpet and I had it for almost a year.

Yea all my watchmans take time to find their spot and make a home. I have never had a watchman jump but I did have a diamond goby surf the carpet.

Yea all my watchmans take time to find their spot and make a home. I have never had a watchman jump but I did have a diamond goby surf the carpet.

what do they like eating. i feed, brine shrimp and flakes to my fish and various shrimps. will the orange spotted goby eat any of those i mentioned above?

thanks in advance.

David

what do they like eating. i feed, brine shrimp and flakes to my fish and various shrimps. will the orange spotted goby eat any of those i mentioned above?

thanks in advance.

David

Flakes are normally not suggested because they contain ash which is just phosphates.
Brine is like giving them a candy bar.
Try frozen mysis,rotifers,krill,or something.

Back