Wedge's 46g Bowfront Reef

Oh sorry, anyway awesome tank!

No problem man. The only thing I don't like about my tank atm is I had help cleaning the glass for a couple of days when I got sick. My little helpers got to close to the sand bed, stirred up some sand and it got caught between the magnetic scraper and the glass and scratched the s@#t out of it. Now they where trying to help so I didn't go nutz like I wanted to but told them not to clean the glass for me ever again. :grumble:

Dang that sucks. Ive got a few more years, I hope, before my little guy tries to go after the magnet. He already goes after the magnetic algae clip, but thats hand size and not very strong.

He helps feed right now. EXTREME supervision, Aiden is only 2. Thats enough for now. As he gets older I may have him help with water changes and other maintenance. He loves to watch as I clean the skimmer and top off the sump. However I had to install safety locks on the cabinet doors because he did figure out how to put more water in the sump on his own... Slight flood.

One of my fav's right now is watching him drag the magnetic algae clip across the front glass and seeing the fish chase the algae all over.

He helps feed right now. EXTREME supervision, Aiden is only 2. Thats enough for now. As he gets older I may have him help with water changes and other maintenance. He loves to watch as I clean the skimmer and top off the sump. However I had to install safety locks on the cabinet doors because he did figure out how to put more water in the sump on his own... Slight flood.

One of my fav's right now is watching him drag the magnetic algae clip across the front glass and seeing the fish chase the algae all over.

Mine are a bit older. 14 and 16. They like to feed and watch and try to feed some more. Actually have to beg them not to feed my fish or my tank would be totally messed up. I think they have the clown trained, cause if you grab the container of food it comes out. It actually knows the color of the container!! It awesome.

On a side note. My coral beauty is eating :bounce::bounce: It came out of hiding today when I feed the chromis and clown. it actually sat and waited for the pellets to fall and ate. I was impressed. I dropped an algae pellet in there to and it would circle all lazy like and then nibble and run......come back around and nibble and run. So I know it's going to be all good from here.

All I have to do is walk near the tank and all my fish are crowding the front glass. It getting to the point that when Aiden pushes his stool up to the tank they all come out. Its like they know that extra food is coming!

Glad your CB is eating! When I added my sailfin she was eating within the hour, I couldn't believe it.

Back