Weird ball

Bifferwine

I am a girl
Hi,
On one of my live rocks (and it's always this one particular rock), there are several hard silver bubbles that come and go. They grown in size, and shrink, and grow again, and they appear in different places on the rock. The largest ones are about the size of a marble (or a chickpea or garbanzo bean). I've poked at them, and they are hard, but appear to be hollow inside. They are metallic silver in appearance. Does anyone know what these are? I can post a picture if no one knows what it is from my description. I'm stumped. Thanks!

I would agree with the above.Another possibilty could be oxygen bubbles,If it bubble try not to pierce them as it will spread.I have had good luck astrea snails eating the stuff.Also you suck them up with a turkey baster(A must have for every reefer).

Hi,
Here is a picture of one of the weird silver balls. I had to paste it in a word document first, is there a way to upload the jpg? I know, I know, the hair algae has been out of control since I got my new lights, I'm working on it. I tried popping the ball, it's really hard like a marble. Sorry for the poor quality of the picture, it's hard to get a clear photo of something that small, especially with my cheapo camera. Thanks.

Last edited:
Thanks! I have two emeralds, they don't seem to want to touch it! Or maybe there's so much hair algae right now that they don't know where to start...

Back