well Im on my way but have a handful of questions

garydm

Reefing newb
Ok Ill post picks, and I have no fish per say in the tank just a peprmint shrimp and a couple tag a longs one is this one
PIC-0137.jpg

PIC-0153.jpg

I know I need to clean the glass but is he going to pose a problem for my tank???
Also here is the newest addition
PIC-0155.jpg

and the new lights
PIC-0154.jpg

also My octo 150 has crappy instructions......do the bubbles need to be at the top of the funnel at the top or is the foam need to actually flow over the top portion of the skimmer......Im not sure where to set this thing and leave it.......Also this cheato stuff is harder to find than I though(atleast around me) they have mangrove and grape pal(something) but have yet to see cheato.....Thanks for all the advice so far:sfish:

Oh and one I FORGOT is
Im having trouble maintaining my temp, in the morning its down to 77 and then when the lights are on it jumps to 80 will this kind of swing upset the fish......And how do I maintain my temp at a constant temp
I have a flavel I think heater

Turn your heater up a bit so it doesn't drop so low at night. And a 3 degree temperature range over 24 hours is not going to hurt anything, so don't worry about it too much.

Thanks Im trying to get my last minute things tied up....Thanks for the reply....Ive been setting the skimmer as close to the top as i can without spilling to much over

as for the skimmer, the flow will change for a while till it breaks in. you dont want the bubbles completely bubbling over...if it is really wet it needs the cup needs to be higher.

for now set it and check on it twice a day and adjust as necessary until you get it.

as for the skimmer, the flow will change for a while till it breaks in. you dont want the bubbles completely bubbling over...if it is really wet it needs the cup needs to be higher.

for now set it and check on it twice a day and adjust as necessary until you get it.

true, and thats what i did, works great now... +1!

Back