Wesley's 125

Wes888

Reef enthusiast
So it begins.

Tanks1.jpg

StandFrame1.jpg

Lot of work ahead of me. The stand that came with the tank was crap. Gotta build a new one. Gotta drill the floor to get all the plumbing to downstairs. Gotta drill a 75g as a sump for an external pump. The 75g has half inch glass. It's gonna take forever to drill. Gotta pull new electrical.

Hey Wes this is going to be a great build thread, since you have so much to do. I will be nice seeing all the pictures as you go along. Congrats on the new tank.

LOL. Not much progress. 2 days passed and I only got half of the tank stand done. Still need to go to home depot to get more wood.

heh. thanks.

I intentionally use double beam in the front so that I have a very wide opening to put stuff (such as a big sump) in. I also make it quite tall so that it would fit a big skimmer in there and still have room on top. Now the stand is made, the opening seems huge! lol. My original plan was to just having 2 doors. It would just seems silly having 2 big doors like that. I guess I'll have to go 4 doors. I hate making doors...

Just put some stuff in to get a perspective on the room inside.

StandFrame2Stuff.jpg

Looks even better with stuff in it. Good idea to make it taller. I had to go with a smaller skimmer because of that. Great thinking. Glad to see that UV light too. I'm a big fan of those.

Since you have a very tall stand why not go with a taller sump tank. Could give you twice the water volume and LR space.

Those stuffs are just for show. lol. Everything will go downstairs. I build the stand big is for when I need to downsize and keep everything in there.

I'm gonna use a 75 gal as the sump. With quite a few clipon fans blowing at it. Right now the fans in my living room blowing at the tank is just way too loud. Also like to run a big algae scrubber. I need a lot more room than the stand has. After I move all the pumps and skimmers and stuff downstairs, the living room will be like a living room again. Right now, it sounds like a fish market. lol

Oops! I just remembered you wanted measurements for that Quiet One 14000. Right? If so I'll do it this weekend. Sorry I forgot until your post just now about "downstairs."

LOL. Not much progress. 2 days passed and I only got half of the tank stand done. Still need to go to home depot to get more wood.

you under estimate yourself, take time and enjoy the process. I know you love building those doors lol. Seriously, looks pretty pro. I see a little gap on the left corner of the stand, but im sure that will settle once that big tank gets on top!

keep the updates coming so i can keep living the big tank dream vicariously through you :Cheers:

I wish I had a larger cabinet. I would like to do a scrubber but I don't have enough room under there. I have a calcium reactor which I don't even have hooked up yet and it's suppose to go under there too.

1 aquarium and a million accessories, seems like!

Back